Advantages of a battery-less absolute encoder
- More economical with no cost associated with battery replacement.
- Battery replacement management is no longer required.
Labor for replacement work is also no longer required.
- Battery installation space is not required.
- Operation can resume with no adjustment required even when the cable between the controller and the actuator is replaced because the positional information is read each time.
- No external sensor, such as a sensor to check the origin, is required since home return is not necessary.
- IAI’s slider type, even with the battery-less absolute encoder, is offered for the same price as the conventional incremental type.
1.5 times higher maximum speed and double the payload when combined with a Power CON
Shorter Takt Time Significantly Boosts the Productivity of Your System
When the new controller <Power CON> is equipped with our newly developed high-output driver (patent pending) is used, the maximum speed increases significantly by up to 1.5 times the levels achievable with IAI’s conventional models, while the payload is greater by up to twice (*). In addition to these amazing improvements in specifications, the maximum speed does not drop as much even when the payload increases due to increased torque with the high speed motor, meaning that the dynamic performance equivalent to that of a higher-class model can be achieved at lower cost.
(*) The specific rates of improvement vary depending on the model.
Multi-axis type is now available with a Power CON
The MSEP controller, now with a Power CON, is capable of operating the RCP5 in up to four-axis applications at high speeds 1.5 times the level achievable with the conventional models, and at a least double the dynamic payload performance. Additionally, the standard type not combined with a Power CON can operate the RCP5 in up to eight-axis applications.
Furthermore, it can move to a specified value via a field network.
The rod type can carry radial loads
The rod type <Radial Cylinder> has a built-in guide mechanism in the actuator to carry radial loads on the rod over a long stroke of up to 500 mm. The guide mechanism also reduces vibration and de ection of the rod signi cantly.